LFX mentorship Summer(similar to GSoC) is coming. Contribute to the WasmEdge project. Make your mark in Open Source, and earn a stipend of $3000 to $6600!
Click here to learn about sonder-joker's journey on WasmEdge LFX mentorship。
A brief introduction of WasmEdge
WasmEdge is a cloud-native WebAssembly runtime hosted by the CNCF. It is widely used in modern web application architectures (Isomorphic & Jamstack applications), microservices on the edge cloud, serverless SaaS APIs, embedded functions, smart contracts, and smart devices.
We welcome all types of contributions — code, docs, integrations, specs, examples! In addition, we are participating in the CNCF LFX Mentorship program Summer 2022 Term. Join us!
Issues for LFX Mentorship Summer 2022
We have four mentee positions open. Each mentee will be expected to accomplish one of the following tasks. One is to implement a W3C WebAssembly proposal into WasmEdge. One is to support Rust TLS based on wasi-crypto. The other two are to add new features for WasmEdge. Those are high-impact work that can go on your professional resume for years to come. :)
- Create a Tokio-like async runtime in WasmEdge
- Provide a wasm-compatible Rust TLS implementation
- Support Durable Objects (DO) in WasmEdge
- Implement component-model proposal in WasmEdge
You will be assigned experienced mentors from the WasmEdge team during the mentorship period. You will also receive a stipend of $3000 to $6600, depending on your location, so that you can focus on the work. But wait! There are more than just fame and fortune. You will also gain
- a remote learning experience
- a chance to get hired
- enhance your developer skills or learn new programming languages
- join the most excited open source community
Follow the mentee guide to apply for WasmEdge. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Create a Tokio-like async runtime in WasmEdge 👉 https://mentorship.lfx.linuxfoundation.org/project/666271e6-7bdf-4050-a2a2-3adaac5a7c13
- Provide a wasm-compatible Rust TLS implementation 👉 https://mentorship.lfx.linuxfoundation.org/project/fca1338f-5be0-41e6-a499-b44e2e722096
- Support Durable Objects (DO) in WasmEdge 👉 https://mentorship.lfx.linuxfoundation.org/project/232a19f2-40de-4dfa-8966-2c1586bc6ecc
- Implement component-model proposal in WasmEdge 👉 https://mentorship.lfx.linuxfoundation.org/project/5def28a6-3ec2-4ba3-b56f-403a03a2b9ef
If you have any question, welcome to join our Discord.