No purchase necessary. Learning and coding are mandatory! Offer ends on Aug 31st, 2020.
- Learn to create a high performance Node.js application. In the process, you will learn how to write simple functions in the Rust programming language.
- Share your source code and learning experience to the community via social media.
- We will send you a FREE Raspberry Pi kit ($25). You can use it as a personal dev server.
What is the Raspberry Pi Kit
The kit contains a Raspberry Pi Zero W device, storage device, and an operating system.
- 1 GHz ARM CPU
- 512 MB RAM
- 16 GB MicroSD card with Linux pre-installed
- WiFi module
- Bluetooth module
- mini HDMI ports for up to 4K display
- USB ports
- CSI camera connector
- 40 GPIO pin headers
Checkout how to use the Raspberry Pi kit as a headless server or desktop computer.
How to claim your Raspberry Pi and certificate
Here are the steps to claim your Raspberry Pi and certificate.
- Read a short article to learn what is Software Performance Engineering, and why Node.js / JS developers should care.
- Follow the examples in the Getting Started Guide to create a simple Rust function that runs inside a Node.js app.
- Fork the template project and change the Rust function to do something else of your choice. Here are some ideas.
- Write a short summary of your app and post it on social media and the developer community.
You are almost done. The next thing is to let us know your awesome project.
- Enter your information in this Google Form to claim your Raspberry Pi kit.
- Depending on where you live, we might ship you a Raspberry Pi kit or ask you to purchase one from a local e-commerce site, which we will reimburse up to $25 USD.
When you got the Raspberry, you can then run the Node.js server and Rust functions on the Raspberry device!
In addition to the Raspberry Pi kit, you will receive a blockchain-based certificate that permanently showcases your achievement and open source project. It looks like this.
What are you waiting for? Get started today!
- Why WebAssembly is the Perfect Runtime for Server-side (or serverless) applications
- Getting Started with Rust Functions in Node.js
- High Performance Node.js on the $5 Computer - Raspberry Pi
- Access Operating System Sesources from WebAssembly
- High Performance Image Recognition in Node.js
- Machine Learning in Rust and WebAssembly
- Learn More about SSVM